The Federal Bureau of Investigation Police are the uniformed division of the FBI who are tasked to protect FBI facilities, properties, personnel, users, visitors and operations from harm and may enforce certain laws and administrative regulations.
They are endowed with full police powers of crime prevention, arrest, law enforcement and investigation within the following FBI facilities:
- The J. Edgar Hoover Building (FBI Headquarters)
- The Washington, D.C. field office
- The FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia
- The FBI Laboratory, also in Quantico
- The New York City field office in Lower Manhattan
- The Los Angeles field office in West Los Angeles
- The Chicago field office
- The Criminal Justice Information Services Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia
The 240-plus FBI Police officers are classified as professional staff, which also includes intelligence analysts, language specialists, scientists, information technology specialists, and other agency professionals.
- The FBI Police and its vehicles were shown prominently in the Bruce Willis movie Live Free or Die Hard.
- The FBI Police were featured in the seventh season of the TV series, 24
See also Edit
- List of United States federal law enforcement agencies
- List of FBI Field Offices
- List of protective service agencies
- Federal Protective Service
- Federal police