David J. Icove (born May 14, 1949), is a former Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) FBI Academy Instructor and one of the first criminal profilers to specialize in the apprehension of serial arsonists and bombers.
- Shaker Heights High School
- BS - Electrical Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1971
- BS - Fire Protection Engineering, University of Maryland, 1975
- MS - Electrical Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1973
- Ph.D. - Engineering Science and Mechanics, University of Tennessee, 1979
An internationally recognized forensic fire engineering expert with over 38 years of experience, Dr. Icove is co-author of Combating Arson-for-Profit and Forensic Fire Scene Reconstruction, two of the leading textbooks in the field of arson investigation. A retired federal law enforcement agent, he has testified as an expert witness in civil and criminal trials, as well as before U.S. Congressional Committees seeking guidance on key legislative initiatives.
- D.J. Icove and J.D. DeHaan. (2008). Forensic Fire Scene Reconstruction, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall. LINK
- A.M. Christensen and D. J. Icove. (2004). The Application of NIST’s Fire Dynamics Simulator to the Investigation of Carbon Monoxide Exposure in the Deaths of Three Pittsburgh Fire Fighters. Journal of Forensic Science, Vol. 49, No. 1. PDF
- H. Stambaugh, D. Beaupre, D.J. Icove, R. Baker, W. Cassaday, and W.P. Williams (2000). State and Local Law Enforcement Needs To Combat Electronic Crime. Research in Brief, NCJ 183451, Washington, D.C. 
- D.J. Icove. (1997). Collaring Cybercrooks: An Investigator's View. IEEE Spectrum. New York, NY, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, June 1997. 
- D.J. Icove, K.A. Seger and W.R. VonStorch. (1995). Computer Crime: A Crimefighter's Handbook. O'Reilly & Associates, Cambridge, MA.INFO
- D.J. Icove. (1990). Safeguarding Computer Centers, Security Management. American Society for Industrial Security, Arlington, VA.
- D.J. Icove and R. Gilman. (1989). Arson Reporting Immunity Laws, FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin. U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., Vol. 58, No. 6, September 1989.
- K.A. Seger and D.J. Icove. (1988). Power Theft: The Silent Crime, FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin. U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., Vol. 57, No. 3, March 1988. PDF
- D.J. Icove and M.H. Estepp, Motive-Based Offender Profiles of Arson and Fire-Related Crimes, FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin. U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., April 1987.
- D.J. Icove. (1986). Automated Crime Profiling, FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin. U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., Vol. 55, No. 2, December 1986. PDF