Template:Infobox Government agency In the United States the Associate Director of National Intelligence and Chief Information Officer (Intelligence Community CIO, ADNI/CIO or IC CIO) is charged with directing and managing activities relating to information technology for the Intelligence Community (IC) and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). The IC CIO reports directly to the Director of National Intelligence (DNI). The current IC CIO is Ms. Priscilla Guthrie.
The IC CIO has four primary areas of responsibility:
- Manage activities relating to the information technology infrastructure and enterprise architecture of the Intelligence Community;
- Exercise procurement approval authority over all information technology items related to the enterprise architecture of all Intelligence Community components;
- Direct and manage all information technology-related procurement Intelligence Community; and
- Ensure all expenditures for information technology and research and development activities are consistent with the Intelligence Community enterprise architecture and the strategy of the Director for such architecture.
The Office of the IC CIO was established by Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 500, "Director of National Intelligence Chief Information Officer," effective August 7, 2008. ICD 500 superseded Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 1/6, "The Intelligence Community Chief Information Officer."
Current IC CIOEdit
- Main article: Priscilla Guthrie
Priscilla Guthrie joined the ODNI as the IC Chief Information Officer on May 26, 2009. She was previously Director of the Information Technology and Systems Division of the Institute for Defense Analyses, a non-profit corporation that administers three federally funded research and development centers to provide objective analyses of national security issues. From 2001 to 2006, she served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (Deputy Chief Information Officer) at the Department of Defense, where she was responsible for information support to deployed forces. Prior to her position at the Pentagon, Ms. Guthrie was a Vice President of TRW, Inc., where she established and led a small, global unit responsible for driving new information technology into the company's business. She also served in several other positions at TRW, Inc. during her career. Ms. Guthrie holds a B.S. from Pennsylvania State University and an M.B.A. from Marymount College.
- Intelligence Community Directive 500: Director of National Intelligence Chief Information Officer
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- US Intelligence Community
- An Overview of the United States Intelligence Community